I thought I'd give an update as to where we are in the scheme of things...
- We will meet at Louie's Landing the morning of the 16th for check in (For a map, see page 3 of this document) - You can also find directions HERE
- Please try to arrive no later than 6:30am so we can get you checked in and go over a few things before sending you off. You have to check in prior to launching so Don't be late!
- Louie's Landing is FAR more suitable for smaller boats, so some of you may choose to launch there while others may want to truck up the road to the Larry Greene access at the base of the Swanton bridge on Rte 78. I'll have a map with directions to these places at check in
- Missisquoi Bay, being right along the Canadian border has a strong presence of game wardens and border patrol. Make sure your boat is legal and that you have all the necessary safety equipment on board!
- We strongly recommend each team designate (1) camera to use for the day. Also, make sure we can easily hook up the camera or its memory card to a standard laptop at the end of the day. Camera phones are ok as long as the quality is sufficient. It would be a bummer if you caught some nice fish but we couldn't make out any of the pictures
- I sent out a link for payment of your entry fees today. We want to give back to the resource, so we're allocating $15 of your individual entry fee to a year long membership to Friends of Missisquoi Wildlife Refuge and using the other $10 to buy everyone a 2011 DPC T-Shirt. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP BY 7/4 OR YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED A T-SHIRT!
- Everyone should plan to attend the BBQ after the tournament which will be held at the Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge Headquarters. We will have great stuff for giveaways, we'll tally the scores from the day and hand out prizes AND I just got word today that Applegate Farms is sending out a bunch of cases of organic hot dogs and hamburgers! Bring your choice of beverages. There is plenty of parking at the headquarters and I will have a map for folks at check in
- We keep bouncing around with what prize(s) we're going to plug into each category, so expect that to change a bit between now and then, but expect to be pleased nonetheless
- Don't forget that the "Big Pickle Pool" is payable in cash only on the day of the event. It's $10 to enter and 100% payout will go to the biggest bass of the day (Largemouth or Smallmouth)
- If you want to help with anything, just SPEAK UP!
- It's not too late to sign up so STOP SLACKING!
|2011 DPC Shirt Proof|